Saturday, February 09, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life

Life is ironic ain't it...?

Anyways this post is about the movie i watched yesterday night. Last Monday, I found this on one of the DVD's, Aditya had burned for me a couple of years back. And yesterday night set about watching it.

That 'm blogging abt it, means either i really liked it or hated it. In this case its the former. Easily one of the best movies 've ever seen. Everything is top-notch from story, to actor selection, to each individual's acting, to music...
One thing which really strikes you, when you watch it for first time is the splendid portrayal of 'George Bailey' by James Stewart. I was awestruck! I can't remember when i had last seen such powerful acting! And the perfect diction! Actually it was the last thing that captured my mind and got me thinking. I mean why don't we no longer see such enunciation? If you see anyone of the old movies, the first thing that strikes you is their voice and how well they speak. Can anyone forget Gregory Peck? If at all you can have perfection, then that was it! I wonder why they don't make them like that anymore...
Good ol' times, few ppl will say....kinda makes me feel older thn my years...hmm...guess 'm just a nostalgic person...no thats not the right word, what do you call people who have a liking for old stuff?

Well anyways, do watch this movie, its absolutely brilliant! And i totally dig its tagline -
They're making memories tonight!

pls: just realized, i think this is the post with maximum '!' usage... :)

3comentarios:

Blogger Jawahar said...

True me too love old movies.. but don't u think that now movies depict the real lives.. U know all the people you meet don't have a very strong and great voice or they are not very good looking. I am happy that you see lot of people really near to life. not so plastic.. :-)

Monday, 11 February, 2008  
Blogger Puthali said...

Yes its true, but its not to say the old movies didn't depict real life...in fact thats the best part of cinema, if one travels down the history of cinema, one can see how it reflects the changing times...
So wht i was getting at was more the change in the world.I think its reasonably fair to say that, in those times,majority of the people spoke that way, it was more dignified,gentlemanly way of speaking, more emphasis on diction...
But nowadays its hardly seen, not only English,but in all other languages, majority of us just don't measure up and worse part, its not expected also...

Monday, 11 February, 2008  
Blogger ranjitkm said...

brilliant movie... Bailey is particularly unforgettable when he says "Now you listen to me. I don't want any plastics! I don't want any ground floors, and I don't want to get married — ever — to anyone! You understand that? I want to do what I want to do. "

Last sentence was spoken in a style which I often see De Niro using :)

Friday, 15 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home