Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Walk in the Rain...

Came home few minutes back, after having dinner @ Chung Wah, a branch of which has opened up recently near my home. I was reminded of last saturday and saw that i hadn't blogged abt it, so here you go -

Last Saturday had reached home just around this time, after walking all the way from Silkboard. The whole crazy thing started off with vitta saying - 'lets walk'. Since its almost impossible to walk on Hosur road, we decided we will take a bus till silkboard and then walk from there to 'ragigudda' and from where i was supposed to catch '201' bus to my place.

So we got down @ Silkboard and started walking. The roads were all wet and I got to know later from sailesh that it had rained heavily just a few hours back. Anyways vitta kept commenting, that it should rain, and i kept scolding him for it, as how it wont be nice @ all if it rains! Just to irritate me, whenever we walked under a tree, he used to catch hold of branches and shake 'em, so that all the water droplets fell on me. Yeah he is one crazy, enthu guy :)
While on our way, he remarked 'how surprised he was, tht i walked!' which led me to start telling him stories of my walking days and i jokingly remarked 'for all he knows i may walk all the way to banshankari, and if i was crazy enough all the way till home' :)

With two pitstops @ 'Chowpatty in BTM' and 'Poonam Furniture House', we reached Ragigudda, just as it started raining. And i thought lemme give a call to Sailesh whose house is right beside 'corner house'(yeah! one lucky chap he is!). He had left office early saying he had plans to go to some pub and later in the night to Madhur CCD, so i was surprised when he picked up and said he was @ his room. So i asked him to come to the bus-stop, the plan was to go drink buttermilk(which vitta 'n i couldn't find on our way) and then me catching bus to home.

Sailesh came and vitta took us to this place near his home, which sold buttermilk. I donno how many days' or months' old that packet was, after somehow finishing half of mine, i gave it to vitta who promptly threw it! shockingly sailesh somehow managed to finish his whole packet!By that time it was drizzling a bit heavily and Sailesh said that he could go get a jacket from his room and i declined very forcefully, a decision which later both of us regretted but not for long :)
neways Sailesh suggested, lets walk down to Banshankari. Vitta declined, saying he had to go to his room. So i and Sailesh started walking. And we hadn't walked a few steps when that heavy drizzle turned into full-fledged rain. Since we were already a bit far from his room, we decided to continue walking in the rain, as i had a waterproof bag and he wasn't carrying nething.

And so it started. Sailesh kept cursing his long hair, whenever he bent his head, hair kept falling, dropping water over his face and into his eyes :) Somehow we ended up deciding that we will walk all the way to my home, probably 'coz we were already completely drenched. We took the montoype route(near which, it started raining cats and dogs! ) and went to BDA complex to have hot samosas. Hot samosas in rain, heavenly!
But both of us realized its bad to go back into rain, once you are out of it. Anyways from there, continued, stopped in between to call my home and say i was stuck 'coz of rain 'n tht i wud reach home soon ;) I think we reached the turning to my home around 9:50pm. Bid adieu to Sailesh there, who caught an auto back to his room. After coming back home, realized it was a long long long time, since i had done such a crazy thing. Somehow water had managed to enter into my bag and Dilbert book was wet around edges, couple of printout sheets had gotten wet. But thankfully, all my electronic items, most importantly my ipod was ok!

So that was my last saturday, compared to that, today has been completely uneventful, just slept, lazed around @ home, went out for dinner and now back, more sleep beckons :)

Adios

6comentarios:

Blogger Vishnu said...

See how my crazy idea made you to have an eventful evening.. :D
But, you are real crazy lady :) walked all the way to your home from silkboard.. I shuldn't have been able to do that..

Monday, 29 October, 2007  
Blogger Vijesh said...

See this is why we say don come to office on Saturdays!

@Vitta
you are fortunate buddy, that you got to meet this "real crazy lady" (as you mentioned :)) only now and then occasionally when you meet in cab. Think of me, I literally spend nearly 8 hours a day sitting 5 feet away from her! There are lot may crazier things I have noticed, will try to blog them if it meets COB* :)

Monday, 29 October, 2007  
Blogger Vishnu said...

@Vijesh
man, you mean 'm don.. Thank you thank you :) how do you know that its my nick name ;) just kidding, I got what you meant :) yeah man, do blog abt other crazy things.. I guess, we meet COBE and etc..

Forgot to mention in my previous comment.. last saturday, I took ticket to Raagigudda but got down at silkboard and went on foot.. but, this time, no one.. I was alone :( :)

@Puthali
Did that irritated you when I was pulling the tree trunks.. Oh, then, purpose served.. that was the reason I was expecting it to rain - to IRRITATE u.. but you throwed me under surprise and astonishment by walking in rain to ur home..

Monday, 29 October, 2007  
Blogger Puthali said...

@Vijesh: u confusing me with someone else dude? whr do u sit 5ft away?!

@Vitta: 'm no more crazy thn u r :)

Tuesday, 30 October, 2007  
Blogger Vijesh said...

Oh ya, I'm sorry! I was confused. My small memory was not able to co-relate the person with the blog name.

But still crazier things also apply to you! :P

Tuesday, 30 October, 2007  
Blogger Sameer said...

refreshing.
kanpur lacks rain. :)

Wednesday, 31 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home