Thursday, September 11, 2008

Beauty

To use Ricky's words:

"I realized there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in."

which also happens to be one of my all time fave dialogs. Sometimes i feel are we really that different from Ricky; ain't we all psychos in our own l'il way? Anyways let me not go on that track now.

Morning, randomly picked a video to watch on my ipod, while traveling to work and it happened to be a TED talk by Gregory Colbert. Absolute Brilliance, is all i can say! Tried finding the video to embed here but google gave me a dead link :(, so you guys will have to pretty much find that video on your own, but trust me its just amazing! You can explore more on this ashes and snow website, but sadly there's not much video footage, so its better you watch the TED video first.

The next video happened to be Cultures at the far edge of the world by Wade Davis. Another beautiful video this one. He makes a case for preserving the indigenous cultures, stopping the ethnocide thats happening at an alarming rate in the world. A must watch for all of us human beings.

Evening, on my way back, while looking for something interesting to watch in ipod, came across something titled pilobolus, clicked on it and it turned out to be this very beautiful, mind-blowing performance titled Symbiosis by a dance troupe called Pilobus. A note of caution though, some may find it offensive, so don't blame me later for not warning before.

So, that was the day, somehow felt like the 3 videos were all linked somehow...all the beauty twice, i mean thrice again... :) , for ppl who didn't get the connection, all the beauty twice again is a nice song from novembers doom.
2:50am and i better stop...

Adios

1comentarios:

Blogger Chax said...

i'll watch the videos from home.

But what's with your previous post ? Some friend ditched you or did you have a bad day at office ? or both ?

wassup ?

Thursday, 18 September, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home